• Looks and finish in the Allure wagon, Economy, standard features list, power and smooth transmission, huge glass roof
  • Road noise a little loud on coarse surfaces, quality of sound system could be better

by Ray Ryan

I moved from the 3008 to the 508 HDi touring just over 2 years ago. I have not had one problem since purchase and really enjoy the long distances that I drive and the economy.

I drove from Healesville to Cairns last year via Lightning ridge and managed to use only 2.5 tanks of fuel (72lt tank) for the trip up for 3,100 approx. km’s and the car was loaded.

I just had a 60 k service done and the only parts purchased so far is a set of wiper blades.

Couldn’t be more impressed with the power of the diesel especially for overtaking and the in-cabin features are excellent. Rear legroom is amazing and back seat passengers get their own climate control.

The engine only revs at 1700 revs on the highway at speeds of 110 kph so the economy is easily achieved and I only use on average 6.1 litres per 100km but that is mainly highway stints. When in the city its rarely over 7.5.

The wagon in Black looks awesome and the interior leather has been very serviceable and there are no marks or scratches. The panorama roof is all ways open except for the hot summer days and the heated seats are a godsend in Victoria in the winter.

It has cornering head lights, auto speed dependent volume on stereo and really great auto wipers, the best I have had so far. Rear passengers have their own climate control each side and the legroom is fabulous, don’t have to move seats forward when you have rear seat passengers.

This car I just love to get in and drive.

PEUGEOT 508 BREAKDOWN