2014 KIA CERATO KOUP TURBO Review
  • Power for when you need - no turbo lag, Gorgeous comfortable ride, 5 Year Unlimited KM Warranty and renewable 12 month Roadside Assistance with every service, Capped price Servicing, Good looking ride and drives as well as she looks
  • Touch screen on standard models is a tad bit small

by Jared

I’ve had my Kia Cerato Koup Turbo for about a month now and I absolutely love it.

I did a lot of research and test drove quite a few cars in this price range – VW GOLF 103TSI, VW POLO GTi, Ford Fiesta ST, Hyundai i30 SR and Toyota 86. Basically I was looking for value and performance in a nutshell and the Kia Cerato Koup Turbo blew the competition away. The ride is comfortable, spacious and definitely has enough power when needed. I also wanted a car with a real boot instead of a hatchback and this ticked all the boxes.

While it isn’t a “drifter” or as much as a “drivers car” like a Toyota 86, I feel this car handles extremely well on all facets of drives – whether it be freeway cruising, city bussling or country driving.

The automatic transmission is very responsive and use of the paddle shifters is extremely fun. I can’t say that I feel any turbo lag at all. I’ve got to say that Korean car makers have definitely stepped up their game and in time may probably over take their Japanese and European competition.

While some may say the interior is cheap – this is not the case at all. With all the trimmings including a touch screen radio/media system, led day time running lamps, rear reversing camera, push button start, metal sports pedals, paddle shifters and frame-less doors make this little package a huge value for money, style and performance. The touch screen may be a little small (4’3″) but it is still very practical and easy to use. Some might say the fake carbon fibre accents on the dash are a little cheesy but it works quite well subtly.

The 18″ 225/40 Rims are lovely and the Nexen N’Blue HD tyres do a great job with grip. They squeal a little in car parks but that is pretty normal with most cars. A lot of people have said they cause a lot of noise in the cabin but for me I don’t really experience that at all.

All in all, I am really happy with the car and my decision to get one of these – especially over the competition I tested it against.

KIA CERATO BREAKDOWN