2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Blackhawk Review
  • Power, Economy, Comfort, Value money
  • Service costs

by Robert Hutchinson

I have had my Jeep Grand Cherokee Blackhawk for 12 months and I love this vehicle, drives beautiful, powerful, plenty of gear and great value for money.

The power of the turbo diesel motor is great along with the 8 speed auto. We have just done a 3500k road trip and it was like driving my lounge chair it is that comfortable. No issues with this car what so ever.

Really love the look and value of the Blackhawk model, the 20 inch wheels, leather swede interior and the black out treatment was all the things that attracted me to this vehicle. On our recent road trip we averaged 8.4 litres per hundred klms and there was heaps of room for a family of 4 and all of our gear. Love the size of the car and how easy it is to use it the city.

We used it off-road on a number occasions and it is as well suited to a trip to beach as it is punting around the city streets. My only negatives are the service costs are up in the higher end of using the jeep dealer and although it was the no 1 selling SUV in 2014 it is still had to find or have a good selection of aftermarket accessories for the Jeep Grand Cherokee. It will also 3500 kg so great tow vehicle as well.

This is my favourite vehicle that I have owned in 28 years and I can Highly recommend the Jeep Grand Cherokee Blackhawk diesel model for anyone that is after a good value, economical and powerful SUV.

JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE BREAKDOWN