• Spacey for 2 small people, cruise control, fog lights, hands free phone system, big boot
  • price, not a family car, FUEL it's a guzzler !!!, Wiper blade replacments are $75 each from HOLDEN, Tyre's are expensive to replace also

by David

I purchased my NEW Holden Barina CDX Sedan off the boat, Lovely car to look at, has all the bling, sun roof, fog lights, leather seats and seat warmers.

Great little car for two people, there is very little room in the back, Fuel economy, well lets just say it drinks the fuel, I travel 90km’s a day, on a full tank you get 566km’s so I always need to fuel up at least twice a week, I have a VE Commodore, and I would say this is just as thirsty !!.

Windscreen wiper blades needed to be replaced at $75 PER BLADE ( EACH ) through Holden. I thought I would lash out and get the CDX, BUT after getting it and driving it for a few days, NO CD player, Only ONE USB point, and the leather seats are more like vinyl, reading later MAN MADE LEATHER ??. for $26,000 its a HUGE hit to the wallet, and in my opinion not worth the price when the CD version has the fabric seats ( More comfortable ) CD player Yippee !!!!! and up to $10,000 cheaper !!

I must say it has a HUGE BOOT !!! and yeah thats my car. I still kick my self 2 years later for making such a HUGE purchase on such a SMALL CAR. and the fuel alone is a HUGE HUGE turn off for me. I am almost 50, not a rev head, but expected more for my buck, I guess I was blinded by the NEW CAR syndrome !!!

HOLDEN BARINA BREAKDOWN