• Looks, Economy, Power , Practicality
  • Sunglasses holder should be called reading glasses holder, Finicky trip computer switch

by Ian Mason

What a magnificent vehicle . The looks the comfort the feel of the vehicle is outstanding. I have done 45000 k’s now and it has not missed a beat. Due to having only one demerit point I am driving like my nanna , the upside is I am only using 8.1 litres per hundred. Awesome !!!!

A couple of negatives that I can’t believe Aussie engineers missed –

Sunglasses holder – way too small – wtf?

The button that changes between temp, trip computer etc – could it be more inconveniently located – the info should be available in the centre screen.

Radio reception is only adequate

Other than that it is magnificent, tows the caravan like it is not even there .

Will look at a lift kit but it is pretty good off road, the switchable 4wd mode up to 120kmh is a great safety feature . I also own a 120’serries Prado that I have done 300000ks in and has never missed a beat. I looked at the Hilux and was 90% committed to buy until I drove the ranger – the ranger is two generations ahead. Drive both and only a mad man would pick the Toyota.

I love every minute of owning my Ranger and would have no hesitation in recommending the Auto 3.2 xlt. I love the a Aurora Blue – now I just need the ARB deluxe bull bar and a set of light force blitz 240’s and some decent ATR rubber and my life will be complete.

FORD RANGER BREAKDOWN