• Power, Comfort, Look, Reliability , Fuel economy
  • No camera as standard

by John Newell

I have had a 2012 px Ranger for four years . I have my own business and have clocked up 109000km over that period. I did not have any problems with the vehicle in that time and it has been the best car I have ever owned.

I have just upgraded to the 2016 model and hope to have an even better experience with this. Not bad coming from a guy who has only bought Nissan and Toyota 4x4s.
The Ranger has the most power and torque compared to other vehicles I have owned and effortlessly tows my 5.1m Quintrex topender up the Kuranda Range. I recently test drove the new HiLux expecting it to be a massive improvement on the previous dated model, but walked away unimpressed. It was underpowered and the auto was rank compared to the Ranger. Considering most of the 4×4 Utes are made in Thailand, you would expect them to be at a similar level, but not so.

All in all I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend someone to buy a new Ford Ranger.

After driving underpowered Toyotas for a number of years and doing a lot of research before my purchase, including talking to a Toyota driver who had just won a Ford Ranger in a Ford competition when it was released. I decided on purchasing the new Ranger and never looked back.

The only slight drama I had was with the battery which died after about 2 years, which is probably acceptable considering the bells and whistles it has.

Ford Ranger- get on it, you won’t be disappointed.

FORD RANGER BREAKDOWN