2002 Mitsubishi Verada Ei Review
  • Comfortable; reliable; roomy; economical; handling
  • Not recommended for E10
ANCAP RATING N/A

by Neil Marriott

My secondhand Verada Ei Wagon has been a very reliable car. I bought it in 2015 for $2500 drive-away. It had 252,000km on the odometer at purchase and now has done 275,000km. Average fuel economy is 10.8L/100km.

The car drives and handles well around town and on the open roads. The engine is smooth and quiet, and we have not had any problems with it so far. It is easy to service yourself which I do.

These cars are very good value for money as their value has dropped sharply. My vehicle was company-owned for 10 years and spent a lot of that time on the highway.

The rear has a large load area and rear seats fold completely flat. The 16 inch alloy wheels give a smooth quiet ride.

I have used it for towing a trailer about six times and found that the Verada tows well, as good as any rear-wheel drive wagon. I plan to use it for a lot more towing in the future.

All the controls are easy to reach and I have not noticed any problems. The velour/cloth seats have shown very little wear and tear. The Radio/CD player has great sound. The wood grain console and surrounds look good and have  not cracked from sun damage.

I don’t see too many of these wagons around anymore, except maybe in Adelaide where they were built.

A good choice of vehicle for all ages. They put good quality components in these things. The shape is still relatively modern and stylish and there hasn’t been any problems with the frameless windows.

Overall this car has been a good investment. I would eventually like to buy an Xi Verada. I would recommend anyone to consider a Verada.

MITSUBISHI VERADA BREAKDOWN