Mercedes-Benz has decided to exhibit the latest Mercedes-Benz R-Class at the 2010 AIMS in Sydney. The new model is in Australia for the first time and is now available.
The R-Class MPV/SUV features some aspects of an off-road vehicle whilst providing seating for up to seven people in a low-ride sedan-like platform. The new R-Class features completely new styling and panels, such as a new bonnet, front guards, radiator grille, head lights and bumper bars. There’s also LED daytime running lights.
The new shape is more aerodynamic-looking which is more pointy and arrow-like at the front and continues over towards the new rear end. At the back there’s a neat rear diffuser and redesigned LED tail lights.
Other standard equipment for the Mercedes-Benz R 300 CDI includes:
- 4MATIC permanent all-wheel drive
- 20-inch 5-twin-spoke alloy wheels
- Automatically dimming interior and driver’s side exterior mirrors
- Bi-Xenon headlamps (darkened) with LED daytime driving lights
- Blue-tinted thermal insulation glass all round
- Burr Walnut wood trim elements
- Chrome-look beltline trim strips, rub strip with chrome insert and chrome-look undergaurd at the front
- COMAND APS including Reversing Camera
- Dark tinted glass for rear windows back from B-pillar
- EASY-PACK tailgate
- Electrically folding exterior mirrors
- Electric rear vent windows for 3rd row
Mercedes-Benz R 300 is priced from $92,200, exclude on-road costs and additional charges.