The Nissan Tiida hasn’t been a best seller for Nissan, having had such a strong brand association with the Nissan Pulsar, the Nissan Tiida has never been able to properly carry the weight of its predecessor. Feburary saw only 536 Tiidas sold. Nonetheless that may all change thanks to the new 2010 Nissan Tiida Series 3.
It’s been four years since the Nissan Tiida arrived in Australia and with the Series 3 upgrade buyers get a whole bunch of new features. Most importantly the Tiida ST grade will now feature standard curtain airbags and the higher-spec Tiida Ti model gets 16-inch alloy wheels, standard leather trim and climate control standard. Those after a Tiida Ti hatch will be delighted with their new sunroof as standard.
There has been no changes to the drivetrain with the Nissan Tiida making use of a 1.8-litre engine with 93kW @ 5,200 RPM and 174Nm of torque @ 4,800 RPM.
“Now, despite the increase in standard equipment, pricing is at least $1000 less than the previous model, further enhancing the outstanding value proposition with Japanese design and engineering in this very competitive market,” said Dan Thompson, CEO of Nissan Australia.
With 42,000 Nissan Tiida’s sold to date, the new 2010 (MY2010) Nissan Tiida had to look a little different so the range also gets an updated interior and exterior. Most obvious is the new front and rear bumpers. The new Nissan Tiida is now 45mm longer on hatch models and by 30mm on sedan variants. The hatch gains a new taillight design with the indicator now moved to the centre of the cluster. The Tiida Ti models come with new body-coloured side sills.
Additionally all Ti models come standard with 16-inch alloy wheels, (195/55R16 tyres) and the lower spec ST Tiida sits on 15-inch steel wheels.
From the inside the addition of leather upholstery and steering wheel on Nissan Tiida Ti Series 3 Sedan and Hatch models as standard is a bonus, so is climate control and an updated stereo system now capable of taking MP3 compatible CDs and also MP3 Player Input.
Additional minor details include an updated meter cluster (with fuel economy readout) and new metallic-look on Tiida Ti dashboards. The Tiida ST models come with the addition of curtain airbags, cruise control, power windows, standard steering wheel audio controls.
Nissan Tiida Pricing
- Tiida ST -$17,990 ($1000 less than the previous ST model)
- Tiida ST auto -$20,240 ($1000 less than the previous ST model)
- Tiida Ti – $21,990 ($2000 less than the now deleted Q model)
- Tiida Ti auto – $24,240 ($2000 less than the now deleted Q model)
- Tiida ST – $17,990 ($1000 less than the previous ST model)
- Tiida ST auto – $20,240 ($1000 less than the previous ST model)
- Tiida Ti auto – $23,240 ($3000 less than the previous Ti model)
The Nissan Tiida has always been a car that has touched both the light car segment and the small car segment, sitting somewhere in the middle and hence proving excellent value for those not looking for either type of car.
Nissan says the Tiida will compete well with the light car segment given its level of standard equipement and also its relatively larger size. According to the Japanese giant the Tiida is designed to sit between the Nissan Micra and Nissan DUALIS when it comes to size, specification and pricing.
“The best news of all is that despite this marked increase in standard equipment, Nissan has been able to reduce Tiida prices across the range, doubling the benefit to our customers, The broad appeal of the Micra, Tiida and DUALIS, as well as the award-winning new Maxima, combined with the upgraded Murano, and just launched 370Z Roadster, mean Nissan has a compelling range of highly attractive vehicles with which to win over more customers in 2010,” said Thompson.
Previous Series : Nissan Tiida Review
Nissan Tiida Specifications
- Engine: 1798cc DOHC four-cylinder (16 valve)
- Power: 93kW @ 5200rpm
- Torque: 174Nm @ 4800rpm
- Induction: Multi-point
- Transmission: Six-speed manual
- Driven Wheels: Front
- Brakes: Disc/Drum with ABS, EBA & EBD
- Top Speed: Not Tested
- 0-100km/h: 10.8 seconds
- CO2 Emissions: 182 grams per kilometre
- Fuel Consumption: 7.6 litres per 100km (ADR)
- Fuel Consumption: 7.9 litres per 100km (As Tested)
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 52 litres
- Fuel Type: 91 RON Unleaded
- ANCAP Rating: Four-Stars
- Safety: N/A
- Spare Wheel: Full Size Steel
- Suspension: Strut (F) / Torsion Beam (R)
- Cargo Capacity: 289 litres
- Road Noise: 68dB @ 100km/h (As Tested)
- Tow Capacity: 1000kg (Braked)
- Turning Circle: 10.4 metres
- Warranty: Three Year / 100,000km
- Weight: 1158kg (Tare)