The Toyota Kluger Altitude special edition has been released, offering local buyers more than $9000 worth of additional features and technology for a $1300 premium.
Based on the seven-seat Toyota Kluger KX-R, the Altitude special edition is priced from $44,490 in front-wheel drive and $48,990 in all-wheel drive. Both are powered by the same 201kW/337Nm 3.5-litre V6 petrol engine and five-speed automatic transmission.
New features added include a tilt-and-slide moonroof, an upgraded audio system with USB/iPod connectivity and Bluetooth audio streaming, a 6.1-inch LCD touchscreen with satellite navigation, and a rear entertainment system comprising a DVD player, nine-inch roof-mounted screen and three wireless headsets.
Front foglights, black roof rails, a tailgate-mounted Altitude badge and 19-inch wheels from the top-spec Kluger Grande are also included.
The Toyota Kluger Altitude special edition maintains the standard SUV’s seven airbags, stability control, and hill-start assist. All-wheel-drive models also gain downhill assist control as standard.
Toyota Kluger manufacturer’s list pricing:
- KX-R front-wheel drive – $43,190
- KX-R four-wheel drive – $47,690
- Altitude front-wheel drive – $44,490
- Altitude four-wheel drive – $48,990
- KX-S front-wheel drive – $51,490
- KX-S four-wheel drive – $55,990
- Grande front-wheel drive – $60,990
- Grande four-wheel drive – $65,490