The Volkswagen Passat range has been updated for the 2013 model year with new features added while prices remain untouched.
Satellite navigation with a high-resolution touch screen now comes standard across the entire Volkswagen Passat range, featuring voice control, integrated 30GB hard drive and the display for the standard rear view camera while both sedan and wagon variants of the Passat V6 FSI receive steering wheel-mounted gearshift paddles.
Volkswagen Passat wagon owners will also be able to enjoy an automatically operated tailgate as standard, with the newly added Tip-to-Run function also included. The additional function ensures the tailgate will switch to automatic operation if someone attempts to close the tailgate manually.
Volkswagen’s driver assistance and visibility packages present buyers with the option of adding blind-spot assist, lane assist and Bi-xenon headlights.
The first of the 2013 model year vehicles are due to arrive in Australia next month, along with the updated 2013 diesel-only Volkswagen Touareg range.
Volkswagen Passat manufacturer’s list price:
- Volkswagen Passat 118TSI 7-speed DSG – $38,990
- Volkswagen Passat 125TDI Highline 6-speed DSG – $43,990
- Volkswagen Passat V6 FSI Highline 6-speed DSG – $55,990
- Volkswagen Passat 118TSI Wagon 7-speed DSG – $40,990
- Volkswagen Passat 125TDI Wagon Highline 6-speed DSG – $45,990
- Volkswagen Passat V6 FSI Wagon Highline 6-speed DSG – $57,990