Hyundai has released full details of its new 2009 Tucson range which now offers a host of details improvements and enhanced value across the range.
ESP stability program, traction control and an integrated Bluetooth audio system now feature as standard throughout the Tucson range.
The new model is distinguished by its revised front grille, front indicator lens colour change, redesigned rear tailgate garnish, all-new alloy wheel designs and a charcoal black interior.
The new Bluetooth integration allows wireless music streaming directly from a Bluetooth compatible mobile phone or portable audio device as well as storing up to 78 numbers and names in its phone book.
The audio unit also includes integrated USB and Aux sockets allowing users to connect and play music from their iPod, MP3 player or USB stick.
The 2009 Tucson City SX model gains new five-spoke 16″ alloy wheels including a full size spare, ABS with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution, dual front airbags, 4 speakers, front fog lamps, keyless remote entry, alarm, power windows and roof bars.
The Elite trim adds a full leather interior, the aforementioned Bluetooth audio system with 6 speakers including tweeters, an electric glass sunroof and curtain and thorax airbags.
Finally, the SX model can also be upgraded with a 2.7 V6 petrol engine and AWD, featuring body colour protective cladding on the lower part of the doors and wheel arches and twin chrome exhaust outlets.
A ‘Protectz’ pack option also upgrades the safety of the SX and SX V6 models to the same specifications as the Elite.
Four new exterior colours are available for the enhanced Tucson range – Sleek Silver, Iron Blue, Silver Grey and Dark Bronze (all metallic), whilst the interior colour theme across the range is now a ‘Charcoal Black’ finish.
2009 Tucson – model range:
2.0 petrol 2WD powertrain (available in Tucson City ‘SX’ and ‘Elite’ trims):
- 104 kW of peak power @ 6,000 rpm
- 184 Nm peak torque @ 4,500 rpm
- 5 speed manual or 4 speed automatic with Selectronic manual shift
- Fuel consumption 8.0 litres / 100 km (man), 9.2 litres / 100 km (auto)
2.7 V6 AWD powertrain (available in Tucson ‘SX V6’ trim):
- 129 kW of peak power @ 6,000 rpm
- 241 Nm peak torque @ 4,000 rpm
- 4 speed automatic with Selectronic manual shift
- Fuel consumption 10.9 litres / 100 km (auto)
2009 Tucson range – retail prices:
- Tucson City SX 2.0 petrol 2WD 5 speed manual $25,490 RRP
- Tucson City SX 2.0 petrol 2WD 4 speed auto $27,490 RRP
- Tucson City Elite 2.0 petrol 2WD 4 speed auto $30,490 RRP
- Tucson SX V6 2.7 petrol AWD 4 speed auto $31,490 RRP
- Optional Protectz pack (SX and SX V6 variants) $700 RRP
- Optional metallic paint $320 RRP