A Dodge Challenger in the US has caught fire and burnt to a crisp before it even had a chance to roll off the production line. A member of Moparts forum board recently posted an image of the remains of the car.
It’s understood the fire was caused by a heat lamp that was positioned too close to the production line at the Dodge Brampton, Ontario, assembly plant.
One Moparts forum member said the fire started directly from a sheet of paperwork that was attached to the car, which then set the rest ablaze.
The car was believed to be undergoing the final stage of the production process when the fire started, so the entire almost-finished product was lost in the fire.
As far as we know, no one was injured during the incident.